Monday, April 19, 2010


I have been reading about a new bilingual book, Tim and Kim / Tim y Kim, by Kay Linda Nord that i bought at BORDERS recently. The first thing I noticed when I got the book were the colorful and playful illustrations by Nicole Armitage. Even my 19 months old daughter (baby Copya) who has a hard time sitting still for more than 30 seconds sat still and looked at the pictures on each page as I read him the story.
The story ia about a brother and sister who are opposite in nearly every way. Tim is tall and Kim is short. Tim likes blue and Kim likes pink. When their pets are scared by a loud noise, Tim and Kim have to work together to bring their pets out of hiding. The lesson that I learned from Kim and Tim is that being different is good because it is our differences that allow us to help others. The story is written in both English and Mexican Spanish. I think its suitable if the family who practice bilingual English-Spanish. And good thing about this kind of book is..a lot being sell at the bookstores. I could not find one good book on bilingual English-Malay language yet!

1 comment:

DYNAMICS OF LEADERSHIP (UHPS 6013) Topic 9: Leading Self – Managed Teams

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wd8mA6DfI8TEgvKuI7din-ajnj8M3Qg8/preview